Most civil, municipal and environmental practitioners involved in construction and transportation projects require a working understanding of soil behaviour under various loading and environmental conditions.
This course provides an opportunity to understand basic concepts of geotechnical engineering used in a variety of applications so that participants can gain conﬁdence in dealing with subsoil related problems that they encounter on engineering projects.
The course will focus on both fundamental concepts of soil mechanics as well as applications of those concepts in the design of geotechnical structures such as foundations, embankments, excavations, and retaining walls. All key concepts and applications will be explained and emphasis will be placed on the practical application of the information provided. We will also provide a certiﬁcate to verify that you have completed the short course.
This course will be beneﬁcial to all construction, municipal and transportation practitioners and especially to those involved in the design, approval and maintenance of civil and environmental engineering projects and any other structural and construction systems. The course will be of value for those who are new to geotechnical engineering as well as to those who have experience with geotechnical practice
The participants in this course will:
- Understand the importance of in-situ soil behaviour and its value in engineering practice
- Understand the principles and procedures for geotechnical site investigation and monitoring.
- Learn how to select the right type of instrument for monitoring and site investigation
- Become knowledgeable about the observational method in geotechnical engineering and state-of-the-art technologies used for geotechnical monitoring and instrumentation methods.
- Gain insight into the long term behaviour of geotechnical structures.
- Review applications of site investigation, geotechnical monitoring and instrumentation for slopes, settlement, ﬁlls, excavations and walls
- Become familiar with in-situ testing methods and ﬁeld instrumentation techniques.
Who Should Attend
- Geotechnical engineers
- Civil engineers
- Construction Project Managers
- Environmental Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Consultant’s technical ﬁeld personnel
- Construction Site Engineers
- Construction Consultant Managers
- Contractors Dam Engineers
- Technical Engineers/Manager
- Transport Engineers
- Designers, Quantity Surveyors
- Construction Inspectors
- University Educators/ Lecturers Engineering geologists
- Soil Engineers
- Rock engineers
- Lab Technicians & Technologists
- Tunnel engineers
- Materials and pavement engineers
- Site investigation technicians at different levels
If you want to be part of this great event – for registrations, kindly fill in the last page (Booking Form) of the attached brochure get it signed by the relevant person and FAX it back to (011) 967 9952 or SCAN and email to Banele.firstname.lastname@example.org