Construction companies fully understand that many accidents on the construction site are preventable. Workers need to be sober and alert to make swift and effective safety decisions. It is also important that workers understand that breathalysers are effective in identifying alcohol consumption. There is no quick fix to beat the breathalyser!
Some company policies provide for voluntary alcohol testing, while other companies test all employees entering their place of work. In industries which include mining, manufacturing plants that use heavy machinery, maritime and the transport space, alcohol testing is often mandatory. As a prerequisite to the operation of machinery, all employees must be sober and tested when arriving for work. For these industries, testing is usually done at the entry point at the mine shaft or plant or factory.
- Fall protection is required before work begins.
- An Employer must supply an employee with the correct equipment and training to remain safe while performing their duties.
- An Employee must use the equipment and training received by their employer to stay safe.
- User must inspect their fall arrest equipment every time! before use!
- The employer must make sure fall arrest and fall prevention equipment is stored correctly, maintained correctly and inspected by a competent person at the correct intervals.
- Everyone working at heights must know all the procedures set out by the Fall Protection Plan.
- Protection from falling objects is a requirement.
- Employees working in an area where there is a danger of falling objects must wear approved head protection fitted with a chin strap