Office moving and set-up
When moving house or office it is always important to keep the following in mind:
- Lifting of heavy objects resulting in back injuries
- Over-reaching resulting in strained wrists, arms, and shoulders
- Deep bending resulting in leg and back strains
- Twisting resulting in back injuries
- Cuts to hands and arms
- Trips and falls due to clutter on the floor or standing on chairs
- Boxes can weigh 30 kg or more! Just leave them for the movers to handle.
- Avoid over-reaching, deep bending, and twisting motions when you lift items.
- Be sure to keep walkways clear to prevent trip hazards
- Do not place any fluids / fragile items into unmarked cardboard boxes.
- DO NOT stand on chairs and be careful when using ladders. Leave this to the experts!
- Get help from a co-worker or mover if needed.
- Make sure you set-up your new work station so that you are comfortable!
- Adjust your computer screen, keyboard, mouse, and chair properly.
- Avoid direct sunlight and glare on screens.
- Do not set up your desk in line with air-conditioning.
- Contact the IT or HSEQ department for help.
Incidents & Accidents
- In the event that you experience an injury, it is important that you report it right away.
- Report the accident immediately to your supervisor or HSEQ department.
- If you see a hazard or experience a “near miss” incident, contact the HSEQ department.
For further information about the above, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com